1) Mail them a Card: Buy or Create a nice Card, then write a thoughtful message (it doesn't have to be long) letting them know that you love them, are thinking about them, praying for them, appreciate them, etc.
2) Squeeze 'em tight: Never underestimate the power of a genuine and warm embrace. Give them a big hug, a firm shoulder squeeze, and/or an affirming back rub to further communicate your love, support, and appreciation of them. It may be just what they needed in that moment. ;)
3) Give them a Scrapbook and/or Collage: Create a Print and/or Digital collection of photos that represent special times you've spent together. =)
4) Smile!: Not only is it contagious. ;) But, a genuine smile in someone's direction can help melt away the sometimes darkness of everyday life and instead shine the light of love and hope to their heart.
5) Give them a Video: Create a Print (DVD) and/or Digital Video telling them (it doesn't have to be long) how much you love and appreciate them. If you are super creative, consider writing & singing them a special Song and/or writing & reciting them a heartfelt Poem, etc. to further express your affection. ;)
Spotlight Bible verse = "Love one another. As I [Jesus Christ] have loved you, so you must love one another. By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you love one another." (John 13:34-35, NIV)
Published on March 1, 2010 by Ruth Tynes / In the Times magazine Editor
Tags: nice things to do, for family, friends, boyfriend, boy friend, teachers, mentors, pastors, parents, father, dad, mother, mom, sister, brother, sibling, cousin, grandparent, grandfather, grandmother, uncle, aunt, in the times magazine, inthetimes.com, inthetimes, ruth tynes, thank you cards, pretty, glamorous, unique, fashionable, designer, decorative, floral, flowers, black, white, stripes, gold, cheetah print, animal print, pink, white, mint, green, dots, confetti, chevron, arrow, powder blue, baby blue, light blue, christian relationship blog, christian relationship blogger, christian relationship magazine, christian based relationship website, web site, john 13:34-35, niv, gift ideas, creative gift ideas, special gift ideas, memorable gift ideas, inexpensive gift ideas, birthday, valentines day, christmas, anniversary, teacher appreciation day